? ?



Bloggeur Hipster depuis 2000.

Previous Entry Share Flag Next Entry

What a few weeks this has been.

So what an interesting few weeks this has been. I would have posted this all much earlier but you know fat fingers and iPhones don't generally mix, so I'm stuck doing this kind of stuff in my free time in front of the computermabox.

So how did last week end off? Well completely shitingly shite. Thursday was pretty harsh as one could expect from this entry, I received a reply the following week from the rail company which was pretty shocking to say the least. I won't post the full email (oh wait, I will) but here is the part that I kicked off about, big style:-

I was also very sorry to hear that you missed our 21:25 from Westbury to Bristol Temple meads and as a consequence of this you then had to wait forthe 21:55 departure. I understand how frustrating this must have been for you. However as you arrived at Westbury at 21:23 there was an insufficient connection time for your train to Bristol Temple meads. It is policy that we must allow a minimum connection time of five minutes between journeys.

The service left on time, but we usually lock the train doors around 40seconds before departure for passenger safety and to avoid delays. Once the despatch procedure has started, I am afraid we cannot unlock the doors to let passenger's board. This procedure must be followed strictly.

Understandably, quite a bit pissed off about the comment that it was my fault that I managed to miss my correct connection (2110) and the secondary connection (2125). But I'm glad to say that I wasn't the only one to think so. Of course I wasn't best pleased about all this as I arrived somewhere near the half eleven hour at home, which meant I was utterly zombified the following day. I won't go in to the whole thing as trains are an utterly boring topic and I spend a lot of time slating them off (what do you expect when you leave somebody bored waiting with a smartphone?) but the whole issue was resolved and I trust that my comments about the staff at the station were taken seriously. Of course this didn't mean that another incident didn't crop up very shortly after.

Then of course the weekend passed which I got an early start to with ending work half an hour early to get home an hour early.

Unfortunately, the following 4-5 days were pretty dull and I spent the time living like an agrophobic, but thanks to the special offer on from milk&more, I was like an agrophobic with BACON, lots and lots of BACON.

After I managed to leave that agrophobic stage and get my cracker white ass out the door (which was promptly burnt by the minimal amount of sun that was out) I did a bit of a tour of Clifton, The Suspension Bridge and had a bit of a wander around which I had to make a rather quick get away out of a crusing area.

On Friday, I headed in to Gloucester to meet Steve for an afternoon up in Ludlow, I didn't actually take any photos for some reason but it was quite a nice place to visit, I'm not entirely sure how he managed to live there as it seemed quite an isolated place (in fact most of Shropshire did as well). He took me to the random sights of the area, like Harry Tuffin's in Craven Arms, which is quite the sight. It has EVERYTHING.

On the way back between nearly nodding off I felt a bit queezy, turns out that I'm not very good at being a passenger in a car now days, I'm not entirely sure how this transpired considering taking a train in this part of the country is like riding a bull, but as is the mystery of the human body.

Yesterday was my first day in work and it didn't quite start off well. Managed to have to write off my entire afternoon and left more angry and stressed than I was before I left on my holiday time. Clearly missing the entire point of time off.

  • 1
glad you see you're getting out

boo @ their reply

I should be getting out a bit more now days as well. Selling up my car and going to buy a decent bike, sort some bits out and put the rest in to savings for a new car at some stage.

  • 1